I am super excited that Matt Manero is on the show with me today. Matt is the author of The Grit.
He talks with us about how to pick up after you fall down and lose everything, how he interviews people, how much you should be making for your 4O1K, plus more about money.
This episode is information-packed, and I’m sure you’ll find it useful.
“For me, there’s only one way I got out of that, and I’ve had it happen three times in the last 20 years. I’ve had three really bad downturns. I just keeping showering everyday.” – Matt Manero
- Why Matt wrote his book
- How to keep going after losing money
- How much you need to make to support your 4O1K
- What is Grit
- How to deal with shame around money
- What are the emotional parts of money
- The importance of forgiving yourself
- What do you do when you don’t have any money
- How to make goals you set for your business
- The importance of finding the right fit
- Why personality tests are useful
- How selling your business can be profitable
- What is a false positive
- Why think big about money
“I define Grit as anything legal…anything.” – Matt Manero
“It all connects back to – what does the vision look like for you financially? And I think for so many people including myself, we under-look at that vision. We need to think bigger on that stuff.” – Matt Manero